The Helambu Trek start from Sundarijal at the estern end of Kathmandu valley. The trek is short and easy. it dosen’t climb above 3500m. The treks provides the spectacular views of the Langtang (7245m), Ganesh Himal (7405m), Dorje Lhakpa (6990m) and other small mountains of Langtang Himalayan range.The sherpa people in Helambu region are frendly and hospitable.The warm and friendly people of helambu are mostly Buddhists.
The Helambu Trek only takes a weak so It is an ideal for people who do not have the time for one of the longer trek and like to combine both cultural scene. wherever you trek in the region, you will enter the langtang national park. The entrance fees rs 3000 per perosn. on this trek there are park checkpost at magen goth, Kutumsang and Sermathnag that won’t you pass without park permit.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal/ Transfer to hotel
Arrival in Katmandu, transfer to hotel by our staff, brief about trip, and well-come dinner at evening through the typical Nepalese kitchen
Day 02: City Sightseeing day & Trek Preparation
Full day Kathmandu valley sightseeing Major Spots of the City.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Chisopani (2300m) Overnight Stay at teahouse
A 15km drive from Kathmandu takes you to the starting point of the trek- Sundarijal and trekking up the ridge at around 1895m, some 600m above Sundarijal. There you can take some time to relax in the convenient tea shops, and to enjoy the view back over the valley. We then continue walking to Chisopani (2300m) from where stunning mountain views are to be had.
Day 04: Chisopani to Khutumsang (2,470m) Overnight Stay at teahouse.
From Chisopani the trail leads down to Pati Bhanjyang (1770m), a lovely small village. After reaching Pati Bhanjyang, the trail leads up and then down to the village of Gul Bhanjyang (2140m). From here the trails climbs up to 2620m and then again descends along the rocky route to Khutumsang (2470m).
Day 05: Khutumsang to Tharepati (3490m) Overnight Stay at teahouse.
Following a ridge line, the trail continues via lightly populated forest to Magen Goth from where the view of Langtang and Gosaikund peak is stunning, and finally reaching Tharepati (3490m). This walk from is one of the best ridge walks among all treks in Nepal.The trails to Gosaikund branches off north – west from here.
Day 06: Tharepati to Tarke Gyang (2620m) Overnight Stay at teahouse.
Turning east, the trail rapidly descends down a ravine through small Sherpa village of Malemchigaon. (2530m) with splendid lodges and fine old and artistic Gompas. The trail again descends leaving the village and crossing Malenchi Khola by a bridge at 1890m and making the long climb up the other side of the valley to Tarke Gyang at 2620m, which is the largest village in Helambu.
Day 07: Tarke Ghyang to Sermathang (2620m).Overnight Stay at teahouse.
The trails gently descends through a beautiful forest to Sermathang (2620m). It is the centre of an important apple growing area from where a fantastic view of the Himalayas is seen.
Day 08: Sermathang to Malemchi Pul Bazar (846m) and drive back to Kathmandu by Jeep Overnight Stay at Hotel.
As we leave Sermanthang the trails then continues to descent to Dubhachaur at 1500m, and then again steeply down to Malemchi (830m) where it meets the road. This village has good collection of teahouses and lodges and all kinds of transportation including buses to get to Kathmandu.
Day 09: Free day in Kathmandu / final program before departure
This free day allows you to enjoy Kathmandu on your own. We will have a special final program together before your final departure.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
- 3 Night stander hotel in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu city tour ..
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people), their food,
- accommodation, salary, equipments, insurance (We have insured our staffs by Neco Insurance Company Nepal).
- All the transport.
- Langtang conservation permit, and all necessary permits.
- Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
- Tourist service charge, Vat.
- Office Service charge.
- All meals in Kathmandu .
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 45 (duration 30 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Items of a personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Trekking Equipments (down sleeping bag and down jackets are available to hire or buy in
- Kathmandu, which would cost approximately US$ 1 per day per item to hire and US$ 60 to US$ 100 per item to buy).
- Tips for guide, porters, driver.
Nepal Trip Duration: 9 Days
Trekking duration: 6 Days
Trekking Destination: Helambu
Trekking Grade: Moderate
Mode of trek: Lodge / Tea house
Maximum Altitude: 3490m.
Group size: 1+