Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
A Easy and Short Trekking with Panaromic Mountian Views
Ghorepani Poonhill trekking is a colorful short foray into the Annapurna region. The trail winds through patchwork valleys, dense mossy forests and past icy waterfalls where you can stop to cool your face. Around every corner is a tantalizing glimpse of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be revealed to you as you reach the high points of your trek.
This trek in the Annapurna foothills to the view point on Poon Hill offers all the best of trekking in Nepal. Enjoy trekking in the spectacular mountain scenery through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs, Magars dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurna with the picturesque peak of Machhapuchhare (Fish Tail Peak) dominating the skyline. At the climax of this trek you will climb Poon Hill at dawn to enjoy one of the most spectacular mountain scapes on Earth. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna (8,091m) along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear, like magic, before our eyes. A rewarding trek that can be enjoyed by every lover of nature and beautiful landscape.
Nepal Trip Duration: 9 Days
Trekking duration: 5 Days
Trekking Destination: Poonhill
Trekking Grade: Easy
Mode of trek: Lodge / Tea house
Maximum Altitude: 2850m.
Group size: 1+
- Airport / Hotel /Airport . by private car/van/Bus.
- Two night’s standard Hotel in Katmandu & Pokhara .
- Your stander meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Tea /coffe with meal.
- Trekking permit.
- All necessary paper works..
- Twin Sharing accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal Visa fee you may obtain easily in Kathmandu airport.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Extra night Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- All expenses in emmergency cases like Canceld or delay flight.Strike etc.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal/ Transfer to hotel
Arrival in Katmandu, transfer to hotel by our staff, brief about trip, and well-come dinner at evening through the typical Nepalese kitchen
Day 02: Full day of sightseeing visiting Kathmandu’s most famous sites
City Sightseeing day:Full day Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Kathmandu Durbar square).
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara and stay at hotel / rest and free time
Today we travel to the city of Pokhara, often termed the city of beauty, by taxi or bus. Along the way, there are great views and an introduction to the Nepalese countryside. After reaching Pokhara, it is time to rest and enjoy your free time.
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul (1070 m) / trek up to Tikhedhunga (1540 m) and stay at teahouse
Today, our trek really begins. It is a short drive to the town of Nayapul, named because of bridge built during the time of the Nizams, and which is the starting point for the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek. From here, we begin walking, arriving at Tikhedhunga where we spend the night.
Day 05: Trek from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2850m) and stay at teahouse
Stunningly-beautiful views await us on the way from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani. We pass beautiful houses made of stone, see horses carrying loads on the trail eventually arriving at Ghorepani, a very popular village for trekkers with views of giant Himlaayan peaks.
Day 06: Morning Poon Hill / trek from Ghorepani (2850m) to Tadapani (2600m) and stay at teahouse
In the morning we will climb to the top of nearby Poon Hill and watch the sunrise hit the Himalayan peaks, truly an unforgettable experience. After breakfast we will continue our trek to Tadapani. Along the way, we get more views of the high Himalayan peaks, before reaching Tadapani, another scenic and popular village and resting place.
Day 07: Trek from Tadapani (2600m) to Ghandruk (1960m) and stay at teahouse
Today we trek from Tadapani, descending through forests, until we reach the fascinating village of Ghandruk, a scenic village covering a hillside with many stone stairs and courtyards.
Day 08: Trek from Ghandruk (1960 m) to Nayapul / transportation to Pokhara
After breakfast we will depart from Ghandruk and soon arrive in Nayapul, which is the end of our trekking experience. From here, we will be transported back to Pokhara, and back to our hotel.
Day 09: Free time in Pokhara for personal activities / or back to Kathmandu by drive or fly
Enjoy some free time in Pokhara to rest and recover. or we drive / fly back to Kathmandu