Gokyo valley trekking is one of the most spectacular and exploration Mountains trekking routes in the land of Himalaya kingdom Nepal. It is situated on the eastern part of snow capped Everest region of Nepal. Gokyo valley is the largest glacier in the land of Himalaya kingdom which offers more than 13 snow covered peak with paramount glimpse of sunrise and sunshine. Gokyo trekking is not only prevalent for magnificent mountains glimpse but also fascinate for the breathing taking views of species flower blossom and fauna too.
The trek starts at Lukla, passes through Namche Bazaar, Dole, and Machhaermo before finally reaching Gokyo and its final destination Gokyo Peak. From Gokyo Peak, the Ngozumpa glacier is visible which the largest glacier in Nepal is. The high point of the trek is at 5316 meters. The trek alos passes through Gokyo Ri, one of the most famous and highest settlements in the world. From there, one has views of Gokyo Lake as well as magnificent views of various peaks including Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchanjanga, Cho Oyu and Mount Everest. Two options exist at this point—trekkers can turn around at the Gokyo Ri and retrace their steps over the same route back, or trek up Gokyo valley which begins south of Ngozumpa Glacier and Taujun Lake where the route continues over Cho La Cho La Pass (5420 m) where the route intersects with the main Everest base camp trekking route. The Gokyo Valley Trek offers wonderful accommodations in every camp, and nutritious hygienic food.The Gokyo Valley Trek allows you to visit some of the highest mountains in the Himalayas while trekking through varied and diverse landscapes.
|Difficulty Level||Medium -Hard|
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal/ Transfer to hotel
Arrival in Katmandu, transfer to hotel by our staff, brief about trip, and well-come dinner at evening through the typical Nepalese kitchen
Day 02: City Sightseeing day:Full day Kathmandu valley sightseeing
(Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath )
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2800 m) / trek to Phakding and stay in teahouse
Today we fly to Lukla, the main starting point for trekking to Everest Base Camp. From Lukla, we begin trekking and reach the village of Phakding, a small village located in the Khumba region of Nepal and located along the Dudh Koshi River. Phakding is also a main shopping area on the way to Mount Everest.
Day 04: Trek from Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazaar (3500m) and stay at teahouse
After trekking to Namche Bazaar, we stay in a teahouse lodge and enjoy this mountain region.
Day 05: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar (3500m) and stay at teahouse
Namche Bazaar is the gateway of the Himalayas, and is very popular among trekkers, and also has many hotels (teahouses) and good Internet access. We will spend a day here adjusting to the altitude.
Day 06: Trek Namche bazaar – Dole (4020m)
Day 07: Trek Dole – Machhermo(4410m)
Day 08: Trek Machhermo – Gokiyo(4790m)
Day 09: Gokiyo-Rest day ( early morning we will hike to Gokyo Ri 5360m)
Day 10: Trek Gokiyo -Phortse Thagna(3500m)
Day 11: Trek Phorste Thanga to Manju (2800m) and stay at teahouse Day
12: Trek Manju (2800m) to Lukla (2804m) and stay at teahouse Day
13: Early in the morning, transfer to airport and fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu stay in hotel Day
14: Free day in Kathmandu for personal activities or join onwards program of Final Departure
Total Trip Duration : 14 Days
Trekking Duration : 8 Days
Trekking Start : Luka
Trekking End: Lukla
Maximum Altitude: 5360m
Mode of Trek: Tea house / Lodge
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Three night’s standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- Meals During Trek: Your stander meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- And Everest National pak permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic Flight Kathmandu to Lukla / Kahtmandu flight ticket
Accommodation In Trekking: All Twin sharing accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Guide: An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide,
- Asistance Guide: One Asistance Guide Over 10 Peaopl group.
porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the
- Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Adventure Certificate: Our Company provides Adventure Certificate.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower..
- Tips for the guide and porter.