ABC Trek – Annapurna Base Camp Trek
he Annapurna base camp trek is one of the most popular treks in the world. It literally brings you face to face with an eight thousander – for a moderate-difficult trek, this is incredible! The fascinating Annapurna massif includes the world’s tenth highest peak. Annapurna I (8,091 m) holds an almost fatal attraction for mountaineers. It has the highest fatality ratio among the eight thousanders. This formidable aura apart, the ABC trek holds several treasures for the mountain lover.
The Annapurna range whets your appetite for mountain views right from Pokhara. This is even before you start the trek. At Ghandruk, you get distinct views of Machapuchare, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. Views of different peaks of the Annapurna massif and Machapuchare stay with you all the way till Sinuwa. The tip of Machapuchare teases you at Dovan. As you burst out of the forest past Himalaya and Deurali, Machapuchare appears before you in its full glory.
The trail takes you through a variety of vegetation. While trekking from Ghandruk to Chomrung you are surrounded by rhododendron, fern and bamboo. Once you cross Sinuwa to enter the Annapurna sanctuary, the forest becomes dense. Tall oak trees become prominent here. As you move higher up towards Deurali, the thick forests give way to tall grass. Around this area, you will find trees with thick bark called Daphne. This is used by locals to make paper. These trees are commonly found around Sandakphu as well. Closer to Machapuchare base camp, the terrain turns Alpine. You see patches of grass amidst boulders. There are also flowering plants lining the trail at this section.
The Annapurna Base Camp is a small cluster of lodges opposite the Annapurna glacier. As you look up from the edge of the glacier, you come face to face with the Annapurna massif. Annapurna I, III and South, Gangapurna, Gandharvachuli and Machapuchare are all there to meet your gaze when your eyes rest upon them.
|Difficulty Level||Medium -Hard|
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal/ Transfer to hotel
Arrival in Katmandu, transfer to hotel by our staff, brief about trip, and well-come dinner at evening through the typical Nepalese kitchen
Day 02: Full day of sightseeing visiting Kathmandu’s most famous sites
City Sightseeing day:Full day Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Kathmandu Durbar square).
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara and stay at hotel / rest and free time
Today we travel to the city of Pokhara, often termed the city of beauty, by taxi or bus. Along the way, there are great views and an introduction to the Nepalese countryside. After reaching Pokhara, it is time to rest and enjoy your free time.
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul (1070 m) / trek up to Tikhedhunga (1540 m) and stay at teahouse
Today, our trek really begins. It is a short drive to the town of Nayapul, named because of bridge built during the time of the Nizams, and which is the starting point for the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek. From here, we begin walking, arriving at Tikhedhunga where we spend the night.
Day 05: Trek from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2800m) and stay at teahouse
Stunningly-beautiful views abound on the way from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani, a beautiful small village and a popular station for trekkers where we will spend the night. Along the way, we will pass many houses made of stone and other scenic natural beauty.
Day 06: Morning Poon Hill visit / trek from Ghorepani (2800m) to Tadapani (2600m) and stay at teahouse
In the early morning, we will walk to the top of nearby Poon Hill and enjoy a panoramic view of the giant Himalayan range in the early morning light. After breakfast, we continue our journey trekking to Tadapani which has great views of the Annapurna range and of Machhapuchhre.
Day 07: Trek from Tadapani (2600m) to Chhomrong (2170m) and stay at teahouse
We continue our journey from Tadapani to Chhomorong, descending through forests eventually reaching the village of Gurjung.
Day 08: Trek from Chhomrong (2170 m) to Bamboo (1900 m) and stay at tea house
We begin the day passing through a rhodeodendron forest, then climb upward to Bamboo, and spend the night in the village of Bamboo.
Day 09: Trek from Bamboo (1900m) to Deurali (3200m) and stay at teahouse
From Bamboo we continue our journey to Deurali and stay at teahouse lodge in Deurali.
Day 10: Trek from Deurali (3200 m) to Annapurna Base Camp / stay at teahouse
Today we reach our destination of Annapurna Base Camp. High spectacular mountains surround this area. We stay in a teahouse lodge close to Annapurana Base camp.
Day 11: Trek from Annapurna Base Camp) to Dovan (2500m) / stay at teahouse
Today we enjoy a hidden view in the morning, and then return back to Dovan for one night.
Day 12: Trek Dovan (2500m) to Chhomrong (2170m) / stay at teahouse
From Dovan, we return to Chhomrong enjoying the natural beauty of the Himalayas spending the night in a teahouse lodge.
Day 13: Trek from Chhomrong (2170m) to Ghandruk (1900m) / stay at teahouse
Today our destination is Ghandruk where we stay in a teahouse lodge.
Day 14: Trek from Ghandruk (1900 m) to Nayapul / drive to Pokhara hotel
After breakfast, we will trek from Ghandruk to Nayapul in the early morning. Nayapul is end point of our trek. From here transportation will bring us back to Pokhara.
Day 15: Free day in Pokhara for rest and relaxation
Today you are free to enjoy yourself in Pokhara, resting and relaxing, before being driven back to Kathmandu.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu. The hotel is very clean, 24 hour hot shower, TV, free WI-FI and best location in city center (BB Basis)
- Your Meal in Trekking: Your standard meals (Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking Permit and Paper work: All necessary paper works and Annapurna conservation entry permits and Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- Transportation: Ground transportation by Tourist Bus from Katmandu to Pokhara / Kathmandu by tourist bus.Private car/Van from trek starting and end ending place from Pokhara. To Pokhara.
- Accommodation in Trekking: All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful , friendly and English speaking Trekking Guide. His well- paid salary, meals, accommodation insurance etc.
- Trekking porters. Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation,
- Hotel in Pokhara: Two nights standard accommodation in Pokhara.The hotel is near by lake. you can enjoy mountaon view from roof of the hotel. (BB Basis)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
Food in city like Katmandu and Pokhara. (also arrive early from mountain than our Itinerary.
- Your personal expenses. (Phone call, Laundry service, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porter, bottle of water or hot water, shower etc.)
- All the alcoholic drinks and bar bills .
- Trekking Equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, and walking stick
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Extra Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu because of Early arrive or late departure. early arrive from mountain (due to any reason) Than the schedule Itinerary.
- Tips for the guide and porter.